Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Amazing Eats and Drinks

Tonight was pretty lax as far as going out. Seems like lately I just haven't been into the whole bar scene, as I used to be...call it getting older or what ever you want. Just not my thing anymore. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a drink or so and hanging out w/some amazing people but I don't get the point of drinking where you're totally incomprehensible.
So tonight me and my boyfriend of 3 awesome years went to a very chill little cafe called Cafe Brucke ( http://cafebrucke.com/ ) for a bottle of wine and some appetizers of curry artichoke dip and a Mediterranean chicken sandwich , and of course the house wine from Chile. Amazing of course. The app had a very warm and unique taste of familiar curry dishes of Thailand or India, then a reminiscent flavor of traditional artichoke dips. The Mediterranean chicken sandwich had a layer of clamata olives and some sun dried tomatoes (the only ones that I would eat) and some fresh leafy greens. A layer of heaven on a toasted crusted bun. The wine of course was very refreshing even though it wasn't very warm for a July summer in WI. There were great tones of fruit, espcially apple possibly. Very good for a chilled white wine (sorry don't remember what type it was...I'm horrible I know). We then went to a small-ish tea cafe off of Brady St(http://bradyst.com/index.html) and had a can of Gordon from the Oskar Blues Brewery (http://www.oskarblues.com/). It had a great sweet taste like sweet tea or tea with honey and then the end notes of the beer taste...amazing! So all 'n all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment